- This event has passed.
August 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Why do we walk? Whom am I walking for? A son walking for his mother; a sister walking for her brother; an employer walking for his employee.
Walk A Mile in Her Shoes is our community awareness event which sheds light on domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and child abuse. Additionally, it serves as an opportunity to raise funds to assist the River City Domestic Violence Center. Those funds go directly to survivors by supplying them with basic needs as they navigate through their journey.
There is no right or wrong way to raise money for this event. Our hope is that each participant will raise a minimum of $100-this amount will help us reach our financial goal.
Sexual assault, domestic violence, human trafficking and child abuse does not just affect an individual but can have a ripple effect and impact the survivor’s family and community.
In 2018, RCDVC provided support services to 240 women, 29 men and 57 children whose lives were impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
Walk A Mile in Her Shoes provides an opportunity for the community to show those who have been victimized that there is support
· Every 92 seconds an American is sexually assaulted.
· Every 9 seconds a person is abused in the US.
· 1 in 4 women have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner.
· Every year, +15 million children witness domestic violence in the US.
· Each day, 4 children in the US die from child abuse. Our hope is to bring awareness and support to our community. Let’s show survivors that we are here to help and support them! You are welcome to make a team or walk as an individual!
· Gather your friends, family, co-workers, children or anyone that wants to make a difference in the lives of victims
· There is no limit on team size. You can have a team of 2 or 200. Prizes will be awarded to largest team and the team that raises the most money, as well as other categories.
· Name your team- Be creative!
· Set a fundraising goal for your team!